Job Title: Participant Engagement Lead
Organization: ChickTech Missoula
ChickTech is a multi-generational community supporting women and girls to become technology creators.
We are dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. We facilitate hands-on technology-centric events to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls. Through our events, ChickTech builds community, empowers participants to see themselves as leaders, and provides networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing high tech industry.
We are looking for a Participant Engagement Lead for the Missoula chapter of ChickTech. This volunteer positions is responsible for ensuring participants, their parents, and their teachers understand the program, what is expected of them and what they should expect the program to provide.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining list of parents interested in enrolling their daughters
- Work with local high schools to identify teachers to nominate girls for the program.
- Communicating to parents & teachers the nomination process/deadlines
- Scheduling informational sessions for parents/teachers/mentors
- Ensure parents are aware of the commitment to the program
- Send out invitations to nominees
- Maintain master list of participants based on RSVPs & attendance at kick off event
- Record opt out at end of kick off event.
- update addresses/phone #s based on surveys
- Create mailing lists in Mailchimp
- Ensuring all necessary releases are stored in a central location and recorded on the master list
- Ensuring new participants (post kick off event) complete all necessary paperwork/release and are added to the list
- Maintain RSVP and attendance lists for every workshop and participant events in central location
- Create, administer and store results of workshop surveys in central location
- Provide a year end retrospective on what went well and what didn’t based on survey results to the Program Development Manager
- Coordinate transportation to and from events for girls that request it.
- Coordinate babysitting services for event for the children of girls that request it.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to implement reminder services (text messaging, email) for workshop registrants
- Communicate with teachers throughout the year about their nominees participation in ChickTech
- Follow up on surveys to connect girls with internship/shadowing opportunities offered by companies hosting workshops
- Provide one person from the Participant Engagement Team to attend every event, to scan attendance using Eventbrite app and facilitate introductions with all the participants to ensure a positive experience at workshops.
Expected time commitment: 5-10 hours/week. We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible, although less can be negotiated! Please be honest about your time commitments, while we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!